Thursday, November 12, 2009

Clearing the Air

It has been a while since I posted here. I have felt conflicted. I wanted there to be more humor in my posts, but apparently, that is not to be. And yet I hold out hope. 

I have been losing my sense of humor and my focus and my knowledge everything will be okay. But, in spite of everything, things are looking up. On Tuesday my favorite professor from Pepperdine was at my school. I am never sure if people will remember me, but she did and greeted me with hugs and excitement. She proceeded to introduce me to the rest of the Pepperdine crew and then took me to MY Principals to let them know how lucky they are to have me. I am sure you can understand how it is different to have a person who you deeply respect and admire in your field say those kind of things. She then informed me I would be getting my doctorate as well. All in all she rejuvenated me. I felt much less lonely than I have the past few weeks.

Another positive is my students are starting to settle in and get their acts together. This is not to say they are easy, far from it, but the numbers of crazy are getting fewer and fewer. Plus our school has taken on a more strict program for those causing the most problems. They will now be attending 0 period each day to get them on the right track. Plus we will now have tardy sweeps. (Oh thank goodness)  Things are definitely improving. There is still so much to do. 

And, I have energy again and I am posting while taking a break from getting my grading updated and ready to submit. I feel positive. I feel I can make it to Winter Break! 

I know one thing for sure. I never want to be 12 years old again.


No comments:

Post a Comment