Sunday, November 22, 2009

Need to find my sense of humor.

Just kidding. I had so much fun dressed as a stereotypical nerd on Friday. My students thought it was hysterical and I am pretty sure I earned points in their books. We also learned about MIT and Nerd Pride during homeroom. All in all it was a fun day. I so love to dress up! However, I did have a moment when I forgot I was dressed up and could not figure out why people were smiling at me so intently. I now wish I had gotten up early enough to take the subway while in my nerd wear!

And today I have solved a problem for myself. I love reading to my students, but by 6th period I have little voice left. So, I downloaded the unabridged version of Hunger Games onto my iPod which also means they can listen and journal while I meet with them one-on-one to go over their grades and test scores. It seems like a perfect match and I really want to have time to talk to them, each and every one of them. Now we can get caught up on our book and they can write and I can spend the time.

This week begins the count down, 3 days until a 4 day weekend, then 3 weeks until a 3 week vacation. I am so tired and I need the break so much. However, I have so much work to do in the next 3 days. On the up side Thanksgiving is just 6 of my immediate family this year and we are doing it at my mom's which means so much less work and I get to enjoy the cooking part instead of being stressed out about silly stuff. 

Onward I go and I must get to sleep soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment