Friday, December 11, 2009

Just haven't had any good things to say

I went to a training for three days this week and it was worth it. It was called "Capture Kids Hearts."  The first day was hard but by the end 50+ teachers were like old friends. It was camp like or in the word of one of my new friends, "therapy."

So, today with trepidation and excitement, I went back to my students. Apparently, they seem to finally get me and in turn their education. It was awesome today. Hugs and smiles and work they actually did! Plus notes and pictures they left me. I changed in the three days and they seemed to have changed/grown as well. 

In this mess of an education system it is good to know learning, academic and social, is going on in the classroom. I missed them so much. I still miss my students from last year as well. I can't help but wonder and hope their English teacher loves them as much as I do.

I was my Kindergarten Teacher's first class. She was amazing and I used to see her for years after. Even after I had graduated high school. She always remembered me and I was always so grateful for her. I know she knew that. I thought today about what we sang in the Holiday pageant, it was the Dreidel Song and I was a pink present with a blue bow. 

I am going to focus on that memory because it makes me realize what I do does matter no matter what is going on in buildings and offices and unions and the media.

No comments:

Post a Comment