Saturday, February 27, 2010

When your mind is going in too many direction

You can be sure you are a 7th Grade teacher.

Here it is, a Saturday night, and I am thinking about how I am going to deal with my 3rd period class on Monday. My mind then switches to the next unit I will start teaching in 8 weeks. Then I am on to figuring out how I am going to find a high school job next year.

This last thought took me to the application for Fremont HS. I filled it out, except for addresses to my last two jobs and accidentally erased the whole application. I will have to redo it later.

Now I am on to which Academy I would want to teach in and how I would approach the curriculum for each of the academies. Which is overriding my brain and taking me to BTSA.

I really need to fill in the inane forms that will allow me to have a life time credential as long as I pay a fee every so often. This leads me to the idea that it makes no sense that I will not be required to continue my education as an educator. This makes me crazy.

This takes me to the Harvard website to see about applying for their newest Doctorate in Education. Yes, I am too late for the fall, but what about 2011? Harvard only takes 25 students into this program, but they pay your way including a stipend for living. This makes me think I could do it -- at some point. But how do I get in if I lose my job again.

And now I am back to what am I going to do with my students for the next two weeks. Oh, and I need to buy my Homeroom class some food to eat before they take their CST writing test on Tuesday.

I apparently am manic at the very least. And now I am wondering if anything I do makes a difference of any kind. This of course leads me to figuring out what I can do to teach them better, make them like to read and how to make them better writers.

Okay, exhausted. If only every night wasn't like this. Of course, then, I wouldn't be me if this wasn't my daily process.

No comments:

Post a Comment