Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bad Day on Monday turned into a Good Day on Tuesday

I had one of those horrendous days on Monday. Yes, I had a cold and was not feeling well. Yes, it was Monday and I was tired and Yes, I made the mistake of putting my students in one giant oval. So, for that I take responsibility. The fact that all students seemed to forget over the weekend all of our classroom procedures set us up for a day of raised voices and frustration. (Me and my students)

So, I left school exhausted and mad and sad. All on a Monday. I went home and decided to take the night off from teaching. I was ready to enjoy Monday Night Football Favre Extravaganza. I was relaxed. I had tea too soothe my nerves and cold. All was well. And of course, this is when it happens. In the quiet relaxed moment I take to my computer, update my rosters on my grading program and create a seating chart that makes sense. Groups of 3 and 4. And not what you think. Not separating everyone, but placing them where I can manage them and they won't disrupt everyone else.

I have no idea how today (Wednesday) will go, but Tuesday was lovely. They managed themselves. They worked hard and they were able to talk a bit and we were all happier. And amazingly, I felt better when the day was over. My cold seemed to take a turn for the better and I was ready to tackle planning and grading. 

Today, 5:30 still seemed early, but I am pretty happy to be at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment