Friday, October 9, 2009

It's Friday

So, I was observed today. It happens a lot at our school. I am used to it, but something amazing happened. My students were on fire. They were engaged and on task and new direct and indirect comparisons. They analyzed similes and metaphors. It was awesome. And seriously, they did not know this stuff three weeks ago. SO, I continued through the day and honestly, my students were on fire all periods. Even the oh so challenging 6th period has apparently learned. I am so proud of them and so fortified to keep going.

This was such a tiring week. I had a cold and meetings at school and deadlines and back to school night and I just wanted to get through it all. And I did and the exhaustion feels worth it. All of it was worth it. Today it feels worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment